google analytics

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2)Now I Rise by Kiersten White
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It took me a while to finish this book because I was so busy. I'd sneak and read a few pages here and there. I'm glad I did. This is one of the best books I have read this year.

I was blown away with And I Darken, the first book in The Conqueror's Saga. I have to say, book two, Now I Rise, literally knocked me over. I am quickly learning that Ms. White is an author that uses words stringently. Whatever is written on the page, take notice. No matter how innocuous a word may seem, it will be dragged out in glaring light to haunt you, tease you, and shock you, later.

The Characters are so robust, this book almost reads like an engrossing history book. The emotions and scenes are vivid to the point of being painful at times. I can usually guess the direction of the plot of a book. I'll by honest, I have no clue where this saga is going, and I can't wait to be yanked into book three. Love, hate, confusion, betrayal, brutality, family...The Conqueror's Saga has it all.

View all my reviews

No comments: