google analytics

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm Speechless. When I finished reading Our Dark Duet, the sequel of Monsters of Verity, I needed a couple of tissues. Yes, I'll admit I shed a few tears. The author, Ms. Schwab noted that the book took a lot out of her. It took a lot out of me too. The book ends with the beginnings of hope, but as Kate Harker would say, everything has a cost.

The atmosphere of the first book, This Savage Song, was very dark and is carried through into the second installment. The characters August and Kate are reunited under the worst of circumstances and things quickly spiral from bad to worse. This book will drag you in and wring you out. Both books, are well plotted. The characters are so vivid it is not difficult to imagine them. The advisories are intelligent and menacing to a point where you hate them but can't wait to see what they are up to next.

Would I read these books again? Yes. After I've recovered from the first time around. Well done Ms. Schwab.

View all my reviews

No comments: